Available on request.
Campus Ambassador for Sun Microsystems, September 2008 – Present.
- Represent Sun to students and staff at the University of Bristol
- Lead a small team that holds events designed to interest people in open source technologies.
Technical Assistant for the Particles and Nuclei International Conference, August 24th – 28th, 2005.
- Deployed laptops and desktops. Configured the network.
- Assisted users. Responsible for approximately three dozen computers.
Responsibilities and Achievements
- Leader of Open Source University Meetup, an open source users group sponsored by Sun Microsystems. Organised Hack Bristol, a competitive and creative programming event with prizes for the most innovative projects.
- President of the Computer Gaming Society. Society-Union intermediary. Organised 20+ successful events. Improved society membership counts.
- Writer for GameReplays.org’s Company of Heroes portal.
U.S. High School
- President of the Student Body. Student-Administration intermediary. Organised several successful events. Worked as a team with the rest of the Student Council to efficiently serve the needs of the students.
- University of New Mexico Scholarship Award.
- Century Bank Super Scholar.
- Santa Fe Institute Prize for Scientific Excellence.
- Salutatorian, Academy for Technology and the Classics.
- Produced a digital yearbook.
- Researching and exploring on the Internet, social networking, and emerging new media paradigms.
- Competitive team-based computer games.
- Journalism, particularly Games Journalism. Write a professional blog as well as one for Sun Microsystems.
- Regularly read print and online publications including Wired, Edge, and TIME. Also regularly peruse Digg and Slashdot.
Photography / Film
- Worked as a photographer of a local band
- Written, directed, edited and appeared in several small films
- Often walk in the Yorkshire Dales, recently hiked in New Mexico.
- Interested in politics, particularly those of the United States. Keep abreast of recent developments in science and technology.
- Adobe Creative Suite (Dreamweaver, Fireworks)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access)
- Windows, OS X, Linux
- C, Java, Visual Basic.
- HTML, CSS.
- Basic German
2007 – Present: University of Bristol, UK.
- MEng Computer Science.
2006 – 2007: Richmond School, UK. A Levels.
- A in Mathematics
- B in Computing
2006: ACT (Standardised Test), USA.
- English 29/36
- Mathematics 29/36
- Reading 34/36
- Science 28/36
- Writing 12/12
- Overall 30/36, 96th percentile.
2006: SAT (Standardised Test), USA.
- Critical Reading 770/800
- Mathematics 650/800
- Writing 630/800
- Overall 2050/2400, 95th Percentile.
2001 – 2006: Academy for Technology and the Classics, USA.
- High School Diploma, GPA 3.72.
Available on request.